Electrical Trainee – part time - ABB
Connect your career with ABB - an international company that is making a global contribution to transforming society and industry to achieve a highly productive and sustainable future.
ABB emphasizes diversity, across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, ability, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where everyone recognizes the benefits of diversity.
We are looking for new team members to join ABB's Europe Operations Centre in Ostrava as an "Electrical Trainee" on a contract basis.
This position is especially suitable for students and graduates of electrical engineering who are interested in the field of electrical engineering, power engineering and want to gain experience on foreign projects.
This is a device of the type:
1. Gas insulated HV switchgear
2. 2. air-insulated HV switchboard
3. Low-voltage switchgear
4. Distribution transformer
5. ABB digital protection
6. Motor starters, frequency converters
7. Generators - hydro, gas turbines
To learn more about the Operations Center and other projects, please visit: https://new.abb.com/cz/euopc.
This position reports to
- Technical solutions for diverse projects based on customer specifications
- Design and creation of drawings, functional descriptions and other documentation
- Active collaboration within the entire project team
- You have a university degree in electrical engineering or you are a 4th or 5th year Electrical Engineering student
- You have communicative knowledge of English (communication with customers and colleagues - by phone, email or in person)
- You have a desire to work within an international team and learn new technologies
- Previous work experience in the electrical field (design or engineering - switchgear, transformers, drives,
- generators) an advantage
- Setting up ABB digital protections an advantage
- Knowledge of German language an advantage
- Introduction and training by a more experienced colleague is an advantage
More about us
- Hourly wage
- A full-time contract
- Interesting work experience in an international company
- Opportunity to practice English language daily
- Lump sum meal allowance (financial contribution to your paycheck after 6 hours worked)
- Coffee, tea and other refreshments
- Reward for referring new employees
- Company events (Christmas party, Family day, Career days, teambuilding, etc.)
- Discounts with our partners (restaurants, fast food, train transport and more)