The Czech Green Building Council with the partnership of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Netherlands - Czech Chamber of Commerce would like to invite you to a Green Building Club on the topic
Amsterdam – Futureproof City
The buzz about smart cities is catching up. Few years ago people were talking only about smart phones. Now, through a series of parallel technological global developments, "smart" became the synonym of progress and the concept of smart cities is rising. Amsterdam is among the leaders in this direction.
Amsterdam Smart City (ASC) is the innovation platform for a futureproof city. ASC is constantly challenging businesses, residents, the municipality and knowledge institutions to test innovative ideas & solutions for urban issues. This contributes to the liveability of the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area, promotes sustainable economic growth and helps develop new markets. ASC believes in a liveable city where people can live and work pleasantly.
PROGRAMME (the language of the event is English):
17:00 Welcoming speech by representative of Czech Green Building Council and Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
17:15 Amsterdam Smart City:
- Concept introduction and its goals
- How did it start, who was the engine?
- What was the reaction from municipalities and public sector?
- What were the barriers?
- How is it financed?
- Influence on legislation etc.
- Where are we now?
18:00 Panel Discussion:
- Prague and its way to become Smart City
- Public Engagement
- What Smart City projects are in progress and which are planned?
- How can Amsterdam inspire Prague?
- How can CZGBC help in the process of Prague becoming Smart City?
- Annelies van der Stoep works at the Amsterdam Economic Board for the Amsterdam Smart City program and coordinates the EU funded City-zen energy transition project in this city. In this project 25 partners work in Amsterdam and Grenoble (FR) on 20 innovations that will help the cities to transfer to clean energy in buildings.
- Vladimír Zadina, Operátor ICT – Board member, responsible for the management of the fields Smart City, science, research and innovation
- Representative from IPR
- Representative from Prague City Hall (in negotiation)