Artificial intelligence and machine learning have huge potential in today’s (business) world; with the right data they are the keys to opening doors to a variety of opportunities. But what legal framework needs to be respected while using data?
During this joint event of the NCCC Traders by Nature and Havel & Partners participants found out which opportunities and risks arise from applying artificial intelligence and machine learning in their companies from a legal perspective.
Tuesday 2 June 2020 from 9.00 till 10.00 online.
Questions that were answered during this event were:
- What is artificial intelligence and machine learning from the perspective of the law?
- What is the right time to care about the legal regime of used or processed data?
- How to deal with input data for machine learning?
The programme also included topics such as:
- Terms of using machine learning for data processing;
- Profiling, automated individual decision-making and algorithmic bias;
- Summary of impacts to the area of personal and non-personal data.
- Jan Diblík, Partner, responsible for IT, telecommunications and new technologies practice in HAVEL & PARTNERS
- Štěpán Štarha, Partner, responsible for IT, new technologies or data protection practice in HAVEL & PARTNERS
- Roman Cholasta, Senior Associate, specializing mainly in IT, telecommunications and new technologies
You can join our events via our online community platform
. You do not have to be a member of the NCCC to become a member of our online community platform. Membership of our online community platform is for free.
Non-NCCC members benefit from its functionality surrounding specific events.
NCCC members enjoy its full functionality, all the time, together with many more membership benefits
And don't forget to explore who we are - This is us
By registering for this event, I hereby CONSENT to the capturing of my pictures and/or audio-visual recordings at NCCC-organized events. This includes the use of pictures and/or audio-visual recordings taken/shot and edited by an external professional photographer. I understand and agree that these pictures and/or audio-visual recordings may be published in the NCCC's promotional materials, newsletters, presentations, websites, and social media platforms (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) for marketing purposes.
If you do not consent to the capturing and use of your pictures and/or audio-visual recordings, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, by registering for this event, I acknowledge and agree to the following no-show fee policy, that applies to both members and non-members of the NCCC Traders by Nature.
For free events, a no-show fee of 400,- CZK excl. VAT will be charged for non-attendance in case of no prior notification to the NCCC at least 48 hours before the start of the event.
For paid events, a no-show fee equivalent to 40% of the ticket price will be charged for non-attendance without prior notification to the NCCC at least 48 hours before the start of the event.
Exceptions to the no-show fee policy apply if I inform the NCCC at least 48 hours before the event start time that:
I will not be able to attend, or I have nominated another person to attend in my place, providing their name and contact email address to the NCCC.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.