Internship: Pricing strategy (Suitable for Thesis) - Philips
Start date: November 2022
Duration: 6 months
Contract: Internship - 40 or 32h/week.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Supporting the deployment and development of the commercial strategy for the Direct to Consumer business in the European market to enhance the value extraction of the Philips portfolio.
You are responsible for
- Monitor retail pricing across channels, categories and competitors and drive tactical price promotions.
- Align promotion pricing with the responsible Merchandising Managers
- Ensure the realization of promotions & closely monitor correct execution.
- Support price correctness analysis and communications towards the D2C team.
- Sharing best practices across hubs and markets to continuously improve pricing strategy
You are a part of
The Commercial policy & pricing team in the Europe Market Personal Health (PH) organization. This team is responsible for the value extraction of the portfolio in the Personal Health business of the European market. We will have a virtual, diverse network organization, with passionate colleagues who are energized to fulfil our purpose of improving people’s health and well-being through meaningful innovation.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Studying toward your Bachelor or Master degree in: Economics, Marketing or Finance
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated, Innovative, Highly organized, Attentive and Pro-active
- Excellent in English, both written and spoken.
In return, we offer you
A unique and challenging internship assignment! Next to that, we are offering a decent internship package:
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 - €700 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the landlord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
- Paid holidays per internship term.
- The opportunity to buy Philips products at our Philips shop.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.