Intern Business Development - KLM
Type of vacancy: Internship
City: Schiphol Centrum
Hours per week: 40
Education: Bachelor's degree (HBO Bachelor); Master's degree (HBO Master or WO-pre-master); Master's degree (HBO Master); Master's degree (WO Master)
As a Business Development Intern, the world is yours at AirFrance KLM Martinair Cargo. Not only do you work with state-of-the-art predictive models and large amounts of data, but you will also impact the Cargo business as we know it today by identifying and creating opportunities for our commercial organization through supportive data insights. Furthermore, you will gain substantive knowledge about the airline and cargo industry by being in contact with different departments and colleagues!
What are you going to do?
During your internship, you will work on your own project while contributing to the team’s day-to-day activities. Hereby, you will come to fully understand and appreciate our business context and you get the chance to improve the way in which we work!
In your project, you will help us move towards first-time right performance management. To do so, you will redesign our (automated) data driven performance reports and our feedback cycles. Here, you will build strongly on your stakeholder management skills!
Your day-to-day activities in the team include:
- Analyzing performance on a weekly base, while also focusing on long term trends through weekly and monthly performance overviews
- Managing the Salesforce opportunity funnel (Add opportunities, make sure they get a follow up and analyze trends)
- Preparing meetings with customers on their performance and opportunities to improve performance.
- Preparing and participating in product meetings to identify opportunities and spot market trends.
- Preserving integrity of the rates that we communicate to customers.
Where do you land?
You will work in a fast-paced, dynamic but also fun working environment where you can quickly learn and grow! Besides learning about cargo, you will also experience what it is like to work in a big corporate environment and discover what the Benelux countries export by air on a daily basis! The Benelux Business development team is a young and ambitious team of around 6 Business Developers and Data Science interns. We work together towards one common goal: Maximizing the Benelux results through a data driven and proactive commercial approach. To accomplish this, you will work with in close cooperation with the other teams in our department, like sales, Pricing & Revenue Management and central commercial teams. There is also the option to join Taxibaan, the association for KLM interns and dual students, which organizes many cool social events, like a visit to a hangar.
You are a hands-on, motivated and ambitious team player who wants to get relevant working experience. You are commercially driven and like analyze results to boost performance. To sum it all up, you are/have:
- WO Master student in a quantitative field (e.g., Econometrics, Economics, Business administration or related field)
- Commercial driven and analytically strong
- Affinity with the (air)transport sector
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and/or English (both written and spoken);
- Available as of 1 February 2024, for at least 6 months.
KLM offers you a highly instructive experience in a dynamic organisation in which you will play an important role. You can develop yourself considerably during this traineeship, both personally and professionally. In addition, this traineeship offers you the opportunity to build up your network, as you will be working with many different KLM employees!
Another advantage of a traineeship at KLM is the KLM Taxiway association run by and for trainees. This association expands your network and organises fun events and interesting excursions within the KLM organisation. There is also a traineeship allowance.