Legal Student - Competition - Havel & Partners
Office Prague / Brno
Our office has one of the most experienced teams of competition lawyers and economists in the Czech Republic. We provide our clients with a comprehensive service and a truly functional way of solving complex problems in the field of competition protection and regulation. Under the leadership of Robert Neruda, former Vice-President of the Office, our team regularly ranks high in the Competition Law category of the Law Firm of the Year competition.
What we are working on here
We provide our clients with advice on the approval of mergers in the Czech and Slovak Republics and in proceedings before the European Commission. We also provide advice to clients with a dominant position in the market and help with the conclusion of contractual and other relationships between business entities with potential effects on competition.
We prepare seminars for clients on compliance with regulations in the field of competition protection and advise them on their application, prepare competition audits of existing and planned business projects and strategies, etc. We also represent clients in litigation for damages caused by anticompetitive conduct.
What are you going to do with us?
- participation in team meetings, exchange of know-how, etc.
- searches and their processing and administrative support within individual cases (preparation of powers of attorney, finalization and completion of submissions)
- participation in the preparation of individual outputs for clients
What you can't do without
- ongoing studies at the Faculty of Law in the Czech Republic (suitable for students from the 2nd year of study)
- enormous interest in competition law and commercial law
- good English because a lot of work and documents are in a foreign language
- opportunities to occur at least 2 days a week
- we welcome experience in this area, but its lack is not an obstacle
What we can offer you
- professional background, where you get the opportunity to work closely on complex projects of our important clients, both in the Czech Republic and abroad
- we will enable you further professional and personal development supported by our specialized know-how department
- career advancement with us is not just an empty concept, you can start working during your studies and then start your internship after finishing school
- Of course, we will reward your work well and you can also use the subsidized sports card Multisport with us
Meet your new team
Robert Neruda, Partner
Do you enjoy thinking about whether mineral water and lemonade are real alternatives for consumers? Is rail pricing affected by bus prices? What are the benefits and risks of exclusive distribution of branded goods? Have you ever thought that too low prices can be harmful to consumers? Do you know which office can impose fines in the order of hundreds of millions of crowns? Have you ever wondered if a corporation has human rights, such as the right to privacy? If you answered yes to these questions, we would like to offer you the opportunity to take care of them professionally and be there for things that move the economy and affect all consumers. You will help clients navigate the pitfalls of antitrust law and find business solutions that are not associated with the risk of huge fines. Do not hesitate and join the large team of competition lawyers and economists operating in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which defends the interests of prestigious clients before competition authorities and courts. We are looking for real enthusiasm for the field, the desire to be a team player, modesty and the desire to win. The HAVEL & PARTNERS competition group includes a football player, Japanese scientist, travelers, horse rider, cyclist, lover of classical music, hockey referee, long-distance runner and volleyball player. We are all a little different, but we all pull together and for all the main goal is the success of the client.