Future SW Lead/ Development Engineer - Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Potentially grow to the role of Product Owner//Tech Lead of one of the Software teams within the Positioning Software department .
Will you contribute to our team with your in-depth Software Design skills and experiences and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of our mechatronics software solutions for high-end medical X-ray Systems?
You are responsible for
- Design and implementation of software (on component or module level)—understand and communicate consequences of your design on the architecture and influence design specification
- Design software on the basis of design specifications to ensure that the software will be reliable, efficient, user-friendly, easy to maintain and meet the (medical) quality and coding standards
- Implement class, unit integration and unit tests for the designed modules or components
- Perform work in-line with processes that have been agreed in the department
- Contributing to the unit interfaces (SW), in close consultation with relevant subject areas
- Initiatives and active participation for continuous improvement and scrum process
- You are a part of
- The Business Unit IGT Systems, which is responsible for marketing, development, manufacturing, services and solutions in the area of cardiac and vascular medical diagnosis and intervention. Our customers are interventional specialists in the cardiology, vascular surgery, neurology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe. You will join a high-performance and culturally diverse department in a dynamic environment. The department consists of 35-40 highly educated software engineers responsible for developing the robotic subsystems of our interventional X-ray systems.
- To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BSc / MSc in a relevant study like Computer Science
- 5+ years proven experience as a C++ (v11) software engineer for real-time performance software products
- Experience to "lead", influence or guide other team members and (sub) teams
- Experience with modelling techniques (such as DSL, Dezyne & MATLAB)
- See the challenge in working with a very large codebase (new and legacy code) that will need new features added or embedded in existing code, updates, (bug)fixing and improvements
- Dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices
- Collaborate within the team, working in pairs with programmers and other cross functional Agile teams
- Be positive and solution-oriented with team members and partners
- Display critical, quality oriented, skeptical thinking about the product
- Actively acquire information from partners (rather than relying entirely on written specifications)
- You’ll get bonus points for experience in a mechatronics and/or regulated environment
We offer the opportunity to play a role in the development of IGT Systems from Concept Start until End of Life and to contribute to the way our innovations improve the health of billions of people worldwide. You will work in close cooperation with various teams across Philips IGT, playing a vital role in creating and maintaining a state-of-the-art software stack. We invite you to be part of an exciting, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
- A competitive salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Attractive company pension scheme and collective health insurance package