Customer Screenings Intern - Greater China - Philips
Start date: April 2022
4 to 5 days
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Support the Customer Screenings team in the execution of the screening of third parties, organizing (back office) activities that facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the Customer Screenings team and to continuous improve the customer screenings processes.
You are responsible for
- Performing desktop searches and reporting back in line with Philips procedures.
- Interacting and engaging with different stakeholders during the searches.
- Documenting findings and conclusions in line with the prescribed tools and methods.
- Reporting the findings of the searches in line with Philips procedures and systems.
- Organizing of the (back office) activities that facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the Customer Screenings team.
- Participating in continuous improvement of the customer screenings processes.
You are a part of
Fraud Investigations and Customer Screenings (“FICS”) within Philips Internal Audit. You will work at the Head Quarters in Amsterdam.
During the internship you are part of the Customer Screenings team within FICS. FICS supports in the definition, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s global security policies, procedures and standards for the identification and assessment of security threats and risks and advises management on corporate security matters. In view of compliance with the Philips General Business Principles (GBP), FICS has installed a customer screenings team to support the business in the execution of the screening (Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption Due Diligence) of third parties of Philips.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Bachelor or Master student in relevant area e.g. Law, International Relations, Criminology, Enterprise Risk Management, etc.
- Legal background and basic understanding of Compliance/Criminal Law principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Knowledge of LEAN/continuous improvement is a strong asset
- Fluency in the English language (mandatory)
- Fluency in the Chinese language (mandatory),
- Any other language skill is a strong asset
In return, we offer you
- The opportunity to be part of a global team that supports in the definition, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s global security policies, procedures and standards. You have the opportunity to further develop your reporting and communication skills as well as support in the continuous improvement of the Customer Screenings team’s processes and procedures (LEAN).
- Duration: 6 months
- We are looking for students able to start April 2022
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 - €900 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rato.
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the land lord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
- Paid holidays per internship term
- The opportunity to buy Philips products at our Philips shop