Commercial Policy & Pricing - Philips
Starting Date: July 2022
Duration: 6-12 months
Contract: 40 or 32h/week
In this role, you have the opportunity to
to work with colleagues from across the globe on executing our commercial strategy within the heart of Philips’ commercial organization.
You are responsible for
- Support the Pricing & Commercial Policy team in the currently running projects
- Running simple business analysis and presenting the findings to team & key stakeholders
- First point of contact for all distribution strategy-related requests
- Management and maintenance of distribution contracts
- Making test purchases at retailers across Europe to check distribution compliance & arranging “mystery shopper” visits to retailers via our 3rd party agency
- Managing the execution of online website compliance checks via our 3rd party agency
- Reporting out to all European stakeholders on your findings
- Following up with the Commercial Policy officers in the markets on identified distribution contract breaches
You are a part of
The Philips Commercial Policy team, which is responsible for driving Philips’ Commercial strategy across the world; a diverse team consisting of many nationalities, working from our Global Headquarters in Amsterdam (next to Amsterdam Amstel station).
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Studying towards a Master Degree in Business Analysis, Business Management, International Management, Finance or related study with a business sense and interest. Students of Data Science, Information Management, Econometrics with interests leaning towards business analytics & business administration will also be a good match for this role
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Effective stakeholder management/ communication;
- MS Office skills (Excel), Data analytics experience;
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time;
- Previous internship experience within a multinational environment is an added value;
- Fluency in English.
In return, we offer you
- Gain in-depth knowledge on the Consumer Electronics market and its retailers
- Deep insights in to developing a solid distribution strategy, go-to-market strategy and pricing models
- A chance to greatly improve your stakeholder management/influencing skills
- The possibility to combine your thesis
In return, we offer you
A unique and challenging internship assignment! Next to that, we are offering a decent internship package:
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 - €900 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the landlord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
- Paid holidays per internship term.
- The opportunity to buy Philips productsat our Philips shop.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.